Existing Web Sites
If you currently have a web site and you need to have the content updated, give
me a call (423-638-5750) or drop me an email and lets talk about what you need done.
Outline of Process for Updating Existing Web Sites
- I'll meet with you (in person and/or a phone consultation) and we'll discuss your web site needs.
- I will ask a series of questions to help determine what your needs are. Click
here for a list of questions that will help you to prepare for our
- I will need you to put together a detail list of what updates you want done. For example, if need a picture changed on a web page,
I need to know what web page (Home page, About Us page, Contact Us page, etc..) and what picture
needs to be replaced. If you need text added or deleted, I need to know what web page and
what text (3rd paragraph, heading, etc...).
- I will need to evaluate your web site to see what current technologies are being
used, how things were setup, etc... In order for me to perform this evaluation,
I'll need your ftp server information, hosting company information along with
control panel login info. See the section below "Updating Web Sites"
I'll need the login information for your web site.
- Once you have this detail list put together, you can send it to me and I will draw up a contract based on the list you provide to me.
- I'll send the contract back, you all can look it over and if all is well, sign it and send it back.
- When I receive the signed contract, then I can schedule time to start the work.
Updating Web Site
I'll will need the login information for your current hosting space/web site. If you don't have it, you can contact your hosting company to
obtain the following information:
Login Information for your Web Site
- FTP Server Address
- FTP User ID
- FTP Password
- Hosting Company Name
- Control Panel Web Address
- Control Panel User ID
- Control Panel Password
I'll log into your web site and look around. I'll need to assess what is currently in place,
before starting the work. Once I have assessed your web site and if there
are no issues that need to be address, I begin the update process for your web
- Update content on the web pages that you specified in the detail list.
- Perform any graphic work – creating and/or modifying images as needed.
- Create any additional static and/or dynamic web pages that are needed.
- Write any needed custom code.
Testing the web site
- Testing all the web pages that I made changes to.
- Have you test the web site also.
Wrapping up the Project
- Create any necessary documentation for the web site.
- Have you sign off on project.
Below are some other links that you may find helpful when you are considering your web